Instructions for the Thormahlen Harp Stand
This is what you need to put your harpstand on:
Harp Stand Kit containing the "Donut", 4 screws and
the Harp Stand
Instructions for attaching
1. line up the thin board and the 2x4. The 2x4 should be the same width as the donut.
2. Find the Center of the base of the harp by measureing
the long distance and marking the halfway point with a pencil. On a
Thormahlen Ceili or Serenade, the halfway measurement should be 7".
4. Take the donut off of configuration seen in section 1, and
place the harp on top of the 2x4.
6. Place the donut on the bottom of the harp base the same distance from the back of the harp that you measured in 5.
7. With the ice pick, mark the spot where the holes for attaching the donut will be.
8. Predrill the holes with a 3/32" drill.
9. Hold donut in place and screw in the screws into your marked spots.
10. Set up the harp stand and put the harp on top being careful to get the tube all the way into the donut hole. As you use the stand, you'll become more familiar with eyeing how to get the harp onto the stand. If you're having trouble with it, you can always lay the harp down and put the stand into the donut hole that way.
11. If the donut hole seems to loose to you, you can tighten up the connection by rubbing a watery sponge in the donut hole. This will temporarily swell the hole. If it's too tight, you can take sandpaper and gently sand it. (go slow and keep checking).
Thormahlen Harps | 1876 SW Brooklane Corvallis, Oregon 97333 | (541) 753-4334 | firstname.lastname@example.org